All Together Now

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All Together Now

5 posters

Guest what

LoveFreshBeats
    LoveFreshBeats

Number of posts : 287
    Registration date : 2009-02-24

Guest what Empty Guest what

Post by LoveFreshBeats Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:46 pm

I am on facebook. I found out what new Rooney's name is.

Tim Porter is playing Rooney Doodle
    The.Bitch.Shayla
    The.Bitch.Shayla

Number of posts : 504
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Guest what Empty Re: Guest what

Post by The.Bitch.Shayla Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:47 pm

thats awesome. the girl who plays Deedee has the same name as one of my bestys. her name is Amelia =P
    LoveFreshBeats
    LoveFreshBeats

Post by LoveFreshBeats Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:36 pm

That is cool! Thanks, Shayla, Cool
    The.Bitch.Shayla
    The.Bitch.Shayla

Post by The.Bitch.Shayla Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:53 pm

no problem =]
    they interviewed her and posted the interview on the web somewhere. i'll try to find it if i can =P

Post by Guest Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:06 am

that will be great if u did that shayla
    The.Bitch.Shayla
    The.Bitch.Shayla

Post by The.Bitch.Shayla Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:54 pm

Deedee Doodle loves the colours pink and purple, she sings and dances with skill and, along with her two brothers, she is considered a rock star by the pre-school set.

She's also the perfect role to play as far as Amelia Sirianni is concerned. The talented performer is Deedee in The Doodlebops: Together Forever Tour, which is on its way across Canada right now.

"I had absolutely no idea it would be so fun," she says during a phone interview from Gander, NL, one of the stops on the tour.

What makes this such a wonderful experience, she says, is the combination of the three Doodlebops characters - Deedee, Rooney and Moe.

"The boys are so much fun. With them and with the kids, knowing how much fun they have, I've never seen anything like it," says Sirianni. "They're just the coolest people in the entire world. They just scream and freak out and dance the whole time and sing along with everything."

She gets to see the individual personalities of the audience members as she watches them "rock out" to the performance. The kids truly make the show work, she says.

"They know exactly what they like and what their favourite song is."

Being the object of all that attention, Sirianni admits she can't help but feel like a rock star.

"We've got people from all across the country working on the show, which is great," she says. "It's the original creators of the television series."

Before auditioning for the role of Deedee, Sirianni was familiar with The Doodlebops television show.

"Everyone I know that has little kids loves The Doodlebops and I had actually seen the show a few times and it's so much fun," she says. "And I love to sing and dance, obviously as that's what I do, and you get to see the whole country."

The tour is hitting big arenas and intimate theatres, and she and her castmates are enjoying it all, as are the audiences.

"The kids are having so much fun, and it's getting them active and interested in something physical - dancing and singing and performing," says Sirianni. "It's always about how we work as a team together and what you can accomplish when you have no limitations to your imagination and your creativity."

Deedee, she says, is definitely in charge and gets the ball rolling with her brothers.

"It's a really, really fun show. There is no way you're not going to have a great time, at any age," she says. "We do at every show - the dancers, Deedee, Rooney, Moe. We're shocked, as soon as the curtain opens, how much fun it is. It's a blast."

The music will stick in your head, she says, and you'll find yourself singing and dancing down the street.

"You're going to have a crazy, awesome time. It's completely a rock concert experience."

The Doodlebops: Together Forever Tour kicks off its international run in Canada, with 34 stops from coast to coast. The popular performers are in Fredericton on The Playhouse stage Sunday, March 8 at 1, 4 and 7 p.m. and Monday, March 9 at 4 p.m.

"They have a lot of shows there, four shows, so obviously Fredericton audiences are really excited to see them," says Patti Caplette, the show's artistic director.

"The Doodlebops have never played there before. This is a first for them in the Maritimes, ever. That's probably why it reflects so well in ticket sales."

The cast is really excited to bring the show to Fredericton, she says, including The Doodlebops and their four talented dancers.

"We have some really fun rock show lighting and some giant screen projections which frames the performance, and lots of songs. It's non-stop singing and jokes," says Caplette.

The main audience for the television show is preschool children, she says, but the stage show covers a much broader range.

"There will be something for everyone. Certainly the rock 'n' roll music is something every grandma and grampa, mom and dad, teenage kid, they're all going to love," she says. "Of course the two-year-olds love the bright colours, the excitement, they love the characters that they know and that makes it really fun for everyone."

You don't have to be familiar with the television show to enjoy the stage production, she notes.

"It's song and dance and skits that just fire non-

dance and skits that just fire non-stop."

The experience is fun and interactive, as the audience can sing along and learns little dances, says Caplette.

"I'm a theatrical fan, that's why I'm in the business, and I cherish every show that we do as a company. At Koba Entertainment we look for strong properties, properties that I think are theatrically viable for us. They have to be something that I feel has real artistic merit and I think The Doodlebops definitely does."

The music is good, the characters are good, the singing is fantastic, Caplette says, stressing that the show has something for the whole family.

"The older sibling is not going to be bored coming along with the younger sibling, even if they are way past The Doodlebop age," she says.

It's a great opportunity to spend an hour as a family and have a positive, uplifting experience, she says.

"It's great value for your money."

The Doodlebops are definitely a hit among the preschool set, thanks to their bright costumes and talents in singing and dancing.

"Deedee, Rooney and Moe are siblings. If sometimes they don't exactly agree on something, they work it out - and that goes for all sibling and family relationships," says Caplette.

"They're really positive, they have strong social values, they're funny and they have lots of antics that go on."

Plus the production is music and song driven, which is always a good thing in theatre, she says.

The man behind the music is Carl Lenox. He is the co-creator, producer and musical director for The Doodlebops TV series, as well as the musical director for the stage production.

"I've been in music my entire life in one form or another," he says.

In 2003, he was approached about doing the music for a rock band for kids and soon after The Doodlebops were born.

"It is so much fun. What's really cool about it is it's not typical children's music, it's got R&B roots," says Lenox. "It's a lot of fun writing R&B songs that happen to appeal to kids."

With the TV show, he notes, there is more time with the scripts and the process is different.

"The thing that is great about the live show is that it does rely on the spontaneity of the relationship between the people on stage and the fans," he says.

The Doodlebops have songs and dances that are fixed, but sometimes there are opportunities to interact with the fans and throw something special into a particular performance.

"The live show is a spontaneous moment of energy and a good time, and that's what makes it so special for the audience," he says.

"Because that energy is in the room."

The Doodlebops are at The Playhouse on Sunday, March 8 at 1, 4 and 7 p.m. and Monday, March 9 at 4 p.m.

By LORI GALLAGHER
    gallagher.lori@dailygleaner.com

i wanna see what the other roney looks like without make up. i've already seen the Deedee. shes pretty Very Happy

Post by Guest Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:58 pm

really shayla wow that is so cool i want to see a pic of the new doodlebops with out there make-up on
    LoveFreshBeats
    LoveFreshBeats

Post by LoveFreshBeats Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:18 am

That's cool! Thanks. rabbit
    WhiteWave86
    WhiteWave86

Number of posts : 66
    Registration date : 2009-02-22

Post by WhiteWave86 Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:27 am

Moe is played by Stephan Dickson. I just found another article so that's how I know and Amelia is 26 years old. I will post it soon. Apparetly Rooney is the eldest and Deedee is the middle child now. Yeah don't ask Razz. Or maybe the person who wrote the article got it wrong.
    The.Bitch.Shayla
    The.Bitch.Shayla

Post by The.Bitch.Shayla Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:08 pm

that is so creepy...i had a feeling his name might be stephen lol!
    LoveFreshBeats
    LoveFreshBeats

Post by LoveFreshBeats Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:06 pm

canadian_fan wrote:really shayla wow that is so cool i want to see a pic of the new doodlebops with out there make-up on

Me too.
    The.Bitch.Shayla
    The.Bitch.Shayla

Post by The.Bitch.Shayla Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:48 pm

Amelia.S (the new Deedee) has a facebook. i dont think the other two does tho

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:00 pm

that is so cool becky and i though deeedee is the oldest,rooney is the middle child and moe is the baby of the family i am sooooooo confussed now confused confused confused confused confused confused confused confused confused
    LoveFreshBeats
    LoveFreshBeats

Post by LoveFreshBeats Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:34 pm

Krazy-In-Love-With-Moe wrote:Amelia.S (the new Deedee) has a facebook. i dont think the other two does tho

That is so cool! Thanks for sharing. cheers
    ~RooneysAngel~
    ~RooneysAngel~

Number of posts : 31
    Registration date : 2009-02-28

Post by ~RooneysAngel~ Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:07 am

WOW thanks so much for the info about the new doodlebops
    LoveFreshBeats
    LoveFreshBeats

Post by LoveFreshBeats Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:46 am

Pinky Doodle wrote:
    Krazy-In-Love-With-Moe wrote:Amelia.S (the new Deedee) has a facebook. i dont think the other two does tho

That is so cool! Thanks for sharing. cheers

I just added her as a friend.
    The.Bitch.Shayla
    The.Bitch.Shayla

Post by The.Bitch.Shayla Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:35 am

wait are you serious? did she accept? if she did then im so gonna add her =D
    LoveFreshBeats
    LoveFreshBeats

Post by LoveFreshBeats Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:22 pm

I'm serious. She didn't accept me yet.
    I will let you know. Very Happy
    The.Bitch.Shayla
    The.Bitch.Shayla

Post by The.Bitch.Shayla Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:26 pm

awesome! i wonder if she will accept. i hope she does Very Happy
    im glad to say im a fan of both the original and the new bops affraid tongue Twisted Evil I love you I love you
    LoveFreshBeats
    LoveFreshBeats

Post by LoveFreshBeats Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:28 pm

I hope she does too. Very Happy Like a Star @ heaven I love you I love you I love you
    LoveFreshBeats
    LoveFreshBeats

Post by LoveFreshBeats Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:28 pm

X*Angel-Babii*X wrote:awesome! i wonder if she will accept. i hope she does Very Happy
    im glad to say im a fan of both the original and the new bops affraid tongue Twisted Evil I love you I love you

I hope she does. This morning I was thinking. If she doesn't
    accept me. Then I will be upset Crying or Very sad
    The.Bitch.Shayla
    The.Bitch.Shayla

Post by The.Bitch.Shayla Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:36 pm

Stephan Dickson, the guy who plays Moe Doodle, Has a myspace =P
    idk if i should have told you all that but i found him and i know its him because it looks like him xD
    LoveFreshBeats
    LoveFreshBeats

Post by LoveFreshBeats Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:45 pm

I don't have myspace. I think I found him on facebook. He the
    one who don't have an avatar.
    εїзPersona Butterflyεїз
    εїзPersona Butterflyεїз
    Head Admin

Number of posts : 2303
    Registration date : 2009-02-27

Post by εїзPersona Butterflyεїз Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:02 pm

That's so totally cool girls. I'm on facebook too. Here's a link to my profile there so if anyone wants to add me as their friend than go right ahead:

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=650399808&ref=profile

I have some pictures of Lucas Grabeel in photos because he's my favorite actor next to Rob Pattinson.
    LoveFreshBeats
    LoveFreshBeats

Post by LoveFreshBeats Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:20 pm

That's cool! I will add you tomorrow.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content